Monday, November 5, 2012

Time to Reflect

   The first marking period has come to an end. A lot has been learned. Drawing is still not my forte, but I do believe more practice will help. I have learned that I have a knack for possibly campaigning for presidents! I definitely have grown since my first year in creative arts. It's nice to know what art terms mean and how to grow as an artist. 
   The books this year are also different. Instead of choosing the do whatever, our books have to have a color and subject theme. I chose to have warmer colors such as, red, pink, orange and yellow I haven't quite figured out my subject theme yet, I was thinking freedom or possibly hope. This could be ambitious and I would with out a doubt have to think of ways to express one of these subjects, but for now most of my papers just have color on them. 
   Through out this marking period I learned how to shade difficult pieces, and how to build a collage. Last year I can remember my fruit drawing looking a little "shape-y" not really having that much dimension. This year I can safely say that I have made an attempt to stray away from that quality. My collage skills have grown as well. My identity collage year didn't have a lot of substance. There were pieces that were placed awkwardly and a lot of was going on. There wasn't much layering so it was pretty much one sheet of confusion. This year I planned out my collage before I started. I wanted a clear path that I could follow and along the way I was able to add or take out some ideas. It was satisfying to have these options.
   I am interested to see what else I am capable of thinking about and able to create this year in art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment