Friday, January 20, 2012

i.d.entity

This marking period I created a self-portrait, which portrayed my physical identity. I then created a collage that illustrated my hidden identity. An identity that wasn't obvious to the naked eye. My collage is fairly clustered. I started out with magazines, cutting out pictures that drew to my attention. I then brought in some of my own personal pictures. When I went through all these pictures I picked out the ones I enjoyed the most. Figuring out how to put feelings and emotions on a piece of cardboard was a challenging for me. I started out with crumpling little pieces of tissue paper. I then went over them with paint of the primary colors. Mixing those colors to make different ones. I then added pictures of icicles which represents the sad and dark feelings I've had and winding string that symbolized my never ending thoughts. There are some hidden pictures of my friends, events that have occurred in my life and even some quotes. I learned from Mrs. Kiick how to make pictures less evident. Techniques where you could make a transparent sheen over pictures or make your paint matte and not shiny. As an art class we all had to write a lune that went with our collage. Mine is... 
slowly opening up
masked by colors and textures
emotions deeply buried

It was a fun process making my collage. Being able to to glue on a bunch of stuff, but have it mean something more than just stuff. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment